RJ Consulting creates custom energy-saving commercial heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. We specialize in making your most utilized appliances your most rewarding, hence protecting your business profits and productivity using high efficiency HVAC systems.
Efficient systems are essential in ensuring a healthy, comfortable and productive working environment. Together, these systems consume about 40% of the energy used in any commercial building.
Better cooling and heating performance as well as significant energy savings can be achieved when energy efficient measures are implemented.
Whether looking for new energy efficient cooling, heating or ventilation systems, upgrading to a more powerful system or improving the efficiency of the existing one, RJ Consulting delivers the most capable solutions, adding up to great savings.
Cooling and Heating Load Reduction
Before upgrading your heating or cooling system, one of the first steps to consider is reducing your load (basically the amount of heating and cooling you normally use). When your facility’s load is reduced, your existing system will operate less frequently while newer systems will be designed to be smaller, allowing you to lower your overall operating costs.
Load Reduction Strategies
Load reduction strategies include:
- Controlling your ventilation to enhance occupant comfort and energy saving
- “Tightening” your facility’s shell and adding more insulation to lower leakages
- Installing windows that are energy efficient like ENERGY STAR qualified windows.
- Choosing efficient consumer electronics and office equipment to reduce your heat output
- Upgrading your lighting system. Energy efficient lighting system emits less heat into conditioned spaces than the older and inefficient technology.
- Cutting on solar gain (e.g. window tints and cool roofing) in climates dominated by cooling, taking steps to increase the solar gain during cold climates.
Once you have implemented these strategies, you can start making the most of your heating and cooling equipment investment.
Heating and Cooling Systems
Heating and cooling systems are important in many businesses and represent a major component of the utility expenses in most facilities. Generally, cooling systems are energy intensive and are often powered by electricity. Their operation usually coincides with times that are subject to peak and period of use charges.
Over time, heating and cooling systems have significantly advanced in their design and efficiency. For instance, air conditioners on the market today consume 30% to 50% less energy to provide the same cooling capacity as air conditioners manufactured in the mid-70s.
Even if your air conditioner is 10 years old, you can still save up to 20% on your cooling energy costs if you replace it with any of the latest, more efficient model.
Heating and Cooling System Tips:
Before purchasing a major heating and cooling system, a commercial facility owner should request building audit of the facility’s heating and cooling loads to be carried out. This will allow you to receive a system that is designed properly for your facility.